20 January 2014

Aila is 6 Months

Aila has had an interesting 6th month. 

We said sayonara to New Zealand and moved back to Japan this month. It was bitter sweet for me as I didn't want to leave the motherland but at the same time wanted to be reunited with my husband again in Tokyo. The 11 hour plane ride over wasn't that bad. The girls were both pretty good! We had some moments, but overall, the three of us managed just fine by ourselves. It was only on the hour in between our connecting flight from Narita to Itami that my confidence flew out the window and I ended up sobbing in the immigration line lol. I was rushed from the plane and was put in the queue for re-entry permit holders which I thought was lucky because there were only 5 people in front of me. The foreign passports queue however was winding backwards all the way to the end of the room so I felt a gush of confidence that I could make my next flight in the next 30 minutes. I got up to the counter and the man said sorry, but I need to line up in the foreign passports line...
( ゚д゚)              。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。
That was my immediate reaction lol the guy at the desk quickly sensed my frustration and signaled for the guard to stick me in the front of the line for foreign passports. But it was too late. The flood gates had opened and I was standing in front of a room of people crying and feeling sorry for myself lol. I did my best to regain my composure and move on to getting on my next flight. I had about 4 people help me throughout the whole process which was very very helpful when flying alone with two babies!

Jun flew out from NZ with his parents 4 days before us and we met them in Osaka for New Years. I was sick the night we landed and was in recovery mode for the next 2 days which was unfortunate, but Reia got to make mochi and go visit the Tada shrine with Juns family.




Aila's cheeks became a rosy red right around the time before we left for Japan. I'm expecting a tooth to pop out any day now! She grabs, chews, and nibbles on anything she can get her hands on. She is so good at putting herself to sleep for naps which has been a life saver for me. She has gone from sleeping through the night to waking 2-3 times due to her teething. She always sleeps with her right arm sticking out of her swaddle. She wriggles and squrims until its free and can then fall asleep. It is getting a lot harder to swaddle her at night because she is getting so big. She is bigger than some 11 month olds over here in Japan and just as heavy as some 2 year olds!


Her favorite game is either inai inai ba (japanese peekaboo) or playing under a blanket. She loves the gust of wind it creates. She gets so smiley whenever we play it. She talks a lot and says things like ada, tata, and mama. She has a small hole on her upper ear lobes on both ears, like a dimple. One is shallow and one is quite deep! Ive never seen one before so it's quite interesting. She has developed a bald patch on the back of her head from tossing and turning around, so she sometimes rocks the baby comb over. She will grab your hair and pull! Reia always calls out to me when Aila catches her lol.


She loves it when I nom on her chubby cheeks. I have to be careful when breastfeeding her as I often will get slapped in the face. She is so smiley and bubbly and doesn't mind being held by other people. She likes being tickled and will crack up. Her tickle spots are her chest and under her neck. She is about 10kg now and I'm not too sure how long she is, but something like 70 cm. She wears 9 month old clothing now, so somewhere in that range. She rolls around all over the place and can still suck on her toes. No crawling yet though, but she tries! She loves her food as well. We have been on solids for about a month now and she is now getting the hang of being spoon fed and swallowing food.

She likes to be thrown up in the air. Reia hated that lol. It's also great for my arms haha. Aila laughs at anything that Reia says. She is always looking at her and is eagerly waiting for Reia to say something. Reia is very good with Aila too. She will give her toys and try play with her. I can't wait for them to be able to play together :)


No comments:

Post a Comment