14 December 2013

Aila is 4 Months!

Aila is now 4 months and is showing a lot more control. She can go longer between feeds and is so much more alert of the things going on around her. She has started looking at her hands and will just stare at them lol. She knows Reia's face now and definitely mine and will cry if I leave her. She still has the most chubbiest cheeks! When she is on her tummy, she will lean to the side which is a good sign that she may roll over soon! It amazes me how Aila is so curious and is eager to explore her surroundings.


She still wakes once a night, which is fine with me. I would get plenty of sleep if I didn't stay up until 2am enjoying my free time watching movies. There are days when I cannot cope with the tiredness and headaches which makes being in NZ with my family such a blessing. We Skype with Jun as much as we can but still don't get to talk as much as we'd like to. When I wake up, he is fast asleep, and when I go to bed, he is coming home from work. So it is a bit hard but sometimes we catch each other right before he takes off to work.

Aila has developed a bald patch on the back of her head from turning side to side. Not so cute lol. She  also, since she was born, balls her hands into tight little fists which requires constant cleaning. She still hasn't taken to the dummy or bottle very well and would much rather prefer the real thing. She sounds just like her Aunty Ric when she was a baby!


I noticed that she has quite a low and wide frenulum (the tissue connecting the top lip and gum) and am slightly concerned that it may interfere with her adult teeth and speech development in the future. An ENT Specialst said that its nothing to worry about and that it corrects itself, but I am going to keep and eye on it anyway and hope he is right!

Aila is full of smiles and giggles and will just light up when she sees my face or hears my voice, it is adorable! She is pretty generous with the smiles when she is being held by her grandparents too. I see her being a little social butterfly in the future :)



Reia's English has improved so much since we have been here. Being surrounded by the language really worked wonders compared to living in Japan. We took the girls to McDonalds and Reia made a freind with a cute Indian girl who helped her down the slide. I was so glad to finally seeing her play with other kids! It was funny watching her interact though. If another kid would come on the slide the same time as her she would shout "Share!" and run away. I'm not sure if she meant for them to share of if she wanted to share. The phrase she took away from the play ground was "You can't catch me!" as all the kids chanted that playing tiggy. She also likes to say how about .........., or try it! She has started stringing long sentences together and speaks with such conviction, but it usually just sounds like bla bla shoes bla bla bla outside! If I tell her off or say she can't do/have something she pouts her lips and sighs "why me!" LOL She got that from The Emperoros New Groove.


As for me, I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight, Aunt Flow is still on vacay and my hair is starting to fall out :( The down falls of post pregnancy! But still doing great. Having my family here to help me out has been such a blessing! I am so glad that my girls get to bond with my own family before we take off to Japan because we may not be visiting again for a while. 

One more month to go in the land of the long white cloud!

Dani


15 comments:

  1. Your daughter is so beautiful. My great grandson is Chinese and he turned a year old. He has the same eyes as your daughter, His left eye opens a little larger than his right eye just as your baby. He inherited that from his father. His name is Lukas and his father's name is Vince. My granddaughter is Brittany. Although Vince is Chinese, he was born in Oklahoma and graduated from Oklahoma State, He and my granddaughtrer were living in Thousand Oaks, Cal. where it is beautiful with mild weather, they just got transferred to Chicago, Ill. Last night it was 3 degrees temperature. Just 3 degrees above zero. What an adjustment. I think living in Japan would be wonderful. I enjoy reading about your happy family and the joys of watching your babies develop. We also watched Lukas first learn how to roll over, then crawl, and finally to walk. That is such a blessing - especially for a grandfather and in my case finally a great grandfather. As they say, the grandparents job is to spoil the children. Unfortunately his great grandmother is not hear to watch him grow. She passed away 4 years ago.
    I hope I didn't bore you. I got longwinded here without doing it on purpose.
    You take care and all God's blessings on you and your wonderful family.
    - James Anderson from Texas
    P.S. I'll try to post pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your daughter is so beautiful. My great grandson is Chinese and he turned a year old. He has the same eyes as your daughter, His left eye opens a little larger than his right eye just as your baby. He inherited that from his father. His name is Lukas and his father's name is Vince. My granddaughter is Brittany. Although Vince is Chinese, he was born in Oklahoma and graduated from Oklahoma State, He and my granddaughtrer were living in Thousand Oaks, Cal. where it is beautiful with mild weather, they just got transferred to Chicago, Ill. Last night it was 3 degrees temperature. Just 3 degrees above zero. What an adjustment. I think living in Japan would be wonderful. I enjoy reading about your happy family and the joys of watching your babies develop. We also watched Lukas first learn how to roll over, then crawl, and finally to walk. That is such a blessing - especially for a grandfather and in my case finally a great grandfather. As they say, the grandparents job is to spoil the children. Unfortunately his great grandmother is not hear to watch him grow. She passed away 4 years ago.
      I hope I didn't bore you. I got longwinded here without doing it on purpose.
      You take care and all God's blessings on you and your wonderful family.
      - James Anderson from Texas
      P.S. I'll try to post pictures.

      Delete
    2. Hi James! That's lovely to hear about your great grandson. He sounds cute! Half Asian babies are the best, if I do say so myself :)
      I am in New Zealand now enjoying a lovely warm summer but will go back to Japan soon where it is winter, and probably snowing, so I totally understand the difference!
      Thank you for taking the time to read and comment :)
      Merry Christmas!
      Dani

      Delete
    3. You are very welcome Dani. The very best to you and your loved ones. :) Oh...and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

      Delete
  2. Dani-
    My granddaughter and her husband and my little great grandson are experiencing temps at 15 degrees below zero in Chicago. Wind chill minus 35 degrees. Coldest weather in Chicago in 25 years. The high tem. the next day was minus 11 degrees below zero. Unreal! Of course I worry. Take care. :)
    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds freezing! It is getting quite cold now in Tokyo as well and I am missing my New Zealand summer! I hope spring comes early for them :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Dani - :)
    It's been a while.
    My great grandson just turned two years old. I wish I knew how to post pictures here. I'd love all to see him giving flowers to his mom (mum) and he is so serious about it. He actually understands the significance of giving flowers. He has learned how to find all of the states of the United States with his map puzzle. He amazes us all. He is so smart. He is half caucasion (Scots Irish) and half Chinese. I really believe he inherited the best of both our races. :). Maybe someone could share with me how to post pictures on here.
    Your family is so beautiful. I miss all of the great memories of when our children were small every time I see my great grandson. Those are the real blessings from God. :)
    Wishing you all the best!
    - James Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani - P.S. - Here's a link to photos of my family: :)
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/108378377421237180579/posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi James! Wow, what a beautiful boy he is! You must love him to pieces! Thank you for sharing :)

      Delete
  6. Indeed I do Dani. :) He is very, very smart. Thank you for taking the time to respond. The very best to you and your beautiful family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dani - I saw the cover you and your sister did of the song "What a World". You two should do more singing and recording. You are very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, James! We would love to do another song together but with me being in Japan and her being in New Zealand, it's a bit hard! The next time we get together though we will definitely do something. Maybe another Beach Boys one perhaps? Or Bee Gees, who knows! Any requests?

      Delete
  8. I see your point Dani, I'll hope and pray you and your sister will get back together. The both of you seem very close. My request would be for you and your sister to cover another Beach Boys song. They are one of my all time favorites. :) The very best for you and your very beautiful family and to your sister. Your older daughter IS a Princess! :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete