04 July 2012

Jun's 28th Birthday!

Don't you just love Reia's face? Little monkey!
Jun's birthday this year fell on a Tuesday, which meant he was at work all day. So what did I do to make him feel special? I cooked food of course! Loooots and lots of food :)

This week, Jun starts work an hour earlier than usual which means he leaves just after 6am IN THE MORNING! So yesterday, I woke up at 5:30 and wrapped up some breakfast for him to take to work and eat. I didn't get a shot of them because it was such a rush that morning but they were toasted English Muffins with cheese, tomato, basil and bacon. Pretty scrummy. I know, because I scoffed one down after he left :)


I made his bento the night before. Every time I try to sneakily make a special bento there is always this awkward feeling in the air because he is 2 meters away from me and he knows I'm up to something and I know he knows too, but you don't want to acknowledge it incase you are wrong or spoil the surprise! Well that's how it was when I was making his lunch. Anyway, this was his bento! I carved the '28' out of cheese and when I asked him about it, he said he didn't see it. Later that night when I was washing the bento box, I found it on the underside of the lid. In a melted blob. -_- Oh well.


I took a nap during the day and woke up to Reia pulling my hair out of my ponytail. I could smell perfume and it was reeeally strong for some reason. I opened my eyes and Reia is all smiles because I was awake. I rolled over to face her I and found the pump spray top to one of my perfumes. Well that was enough to get me out of bed! I flung off the covers and followed my nose to the source! Needless to say, it didn't take long for me to find an empty bottle of perfume next to a big wet patch on the tatami mat. She also saturated one of Jun's ties. Don't think he'll be wearing that again. And that bottle of perfume was a big one! The biggest one I had in fact! It was Mariah Carey's Forever fragrance that Mum gave me for my birthday in 2009. And now it wafts freely throughout our house. It's kind of sickening actually because it's so concentrated! Hopefully with a lot of airing it will fade away soon.


There is only 2 of us and we can't eat a whole cake by ourselves, so we had cupcakes instead! I made swiss buttercream and this was my first time piping icing on to anything, so it's far from perfect!


The main event was THIS! Isn't it glorious? You are nodding your head but have no idea what it is, right? It's called a Lasagna Timpano. A Timpano is an Italian baked pasta dish (look it up on Google, they are amazing looking!) but this one just has a lasagna twist to it ;) Pretty easy to make, but it can take a while to prepare if doing everything from scratch!


Feast your eyes on this! The top layers are cheese sauce and sausages, the middle layers are pesto and cheese, and the bottom layers are meat and tomato sauce, all wrapped up in lasagna sheets :D Such a fun dish! I couldn't wait to cut into it, so it was still oozing out goodness from everywhere!


Between the two of us we only got half way. It was reeeally filling and tasty too! I've had two slices for lunch today :O and Jun took some to work as well ;)


Of course we had some salad :) Jun and I have made it a point to eat a lot of salad before our dinner in our quest to be healthy! I have lost 3kgs already!!! :D


Our small little set up!


Reia loved all the colourful balloons!


Stealing Daddy's card


Happy Birthday!


I got him some new pajamas because......


his old ones had this HUGE rip in the back!! A much needed present I like to think! (I had a very small budget coz we are saving up for Germany!)


We forgot about these and popped them at the same time...


and this was Reia's reaction. Lol! She did NOT like the loud noise they made at all!

 

We hope you enjoyed your day, honey!
We had fun spoiling you!


3 comments:

  1. the food looked amazing! happy birthday jun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is ericca btw i don't know why it says unknown

      Delete
  2. lol at Reia's face after popping the stuff

    ReplyDelete