26 May 2012

Quick Update!

Hey everyone! 

I realize my posts have become more and more spaced out than they usually are... and for that I apologize >_< So to fill the awkward silence, I thought I'd quickly update all of those that care lol. We are currently moving house aaaall the way from the 5th floor to the 3rd. Talk about an ordeal! :P ...So it's not a huge change, but it's still a lot of work. The layout of the apartment is exactly the same except backwards which is taking a bit to get used to. Also, the kitchen is considerably bigger and the living room, bedrooms, and bathroom are a bit smaller. I think someone messed up the measurements during construction! :/ But it's 10000 yen cheaper a month so really, what's a few inches. 

We are also selling our paua shell jewelry at a pasifika event in Roppongi this week! Check it out if you're around the area! There are performances from the Cook Islands, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, India, and Hawaii. I have already bought a whole bunch of Polynesian stuff, mostly hair clips and things, including a new pa'u skirt which I love! I have been looking out for a more traditional pattern rather than the floral kind, and I found one that was perfect! It used to be 8000 yen and I got it for 4500 yen, which is still kinda expensive in my books but mehhh. There aren't many opportunities for me to buy Polynesian stuff in Japan so I don't mind!

My pretty sisters!
My sister, Laura, also flew in from New Zealand for a visit which has been fun! Her and Ric have buying up the place! La came and helped us sell our jewelry :D We really got into it and drew us some moko's lol. I think that is the first time I have ever had one! I was never in the kapahaka groups back home, now that I think about it. It was fun and the guy that was selling with us wanted one too! We told him that the men usually get the whole face done and he was like uuuuh just the chin please! :D


A lot of people were interested in it and it was a good way to draw people to our stall. Reia's cuteness also helped too ;) Here's a preview of her mini photo shoot with Aunty La taken today!


I have also started teaching a small hula class and have begun tutoring English at home. Busy, busy, busy! But I would rather be doing all of this then just staying at home doing nothing. I have done that already and it's not that exciting. My highlight of the day would usually be at 12:30 when CSI would be on t.v.. The only drama that I can enjoy in ENGLISH! So worth the bad acting (since Grissom left, it just hasn't been the same! Gah!).

Anyway, that's what's going on right now! 

Hope you're all doing well :D

1 comment: